Pita Party May 21, 2015 16:52
Two delicious fillings for yummy, homemade pita bread!
Chicken Fajita Skewers
1 lb Chicken Breasts, cut into bite size pieces
14 oz can Fire Roasted, Diced Tomatoes
1 Packet Desert Gardens Salsa Mix
1 Red Onion, cut into bite size pieces
1-2 Bell Peppers, cut into bite size pieces
Combine tomatoes and salsa mix in the blender and blend. Pour salsa over chicken and marinate in the speedy marinater for 5 minutes or in a sealed container in the fridge for at least 60 minutes to overnight.
Soak skewers in water for 15 minutes. Skewer the meat, alternated with the onion and bell peppers. Grill in the halogen oven at 350 until cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
Slide chicken, peppers, and onions off skewer and into a pita pocket bread. Top with sour cream, guacamole, salsa, cheese, etc.
Avocado Pesto Chicken Salad
1 Large Bunch Fresh Basil
2-3 Ripe Avocados
1/2 Cup Walnuts
2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
3 Garlic Cloves, minced
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pepper to taste
In the multi chopper, pulse garlic until minced. Add basil leaves, avocado, walnuts, lemon juice, garlic and salt and pulse until finely chopped. Add olive oil and process to form a thick paste. Season with additional salt and pepper.
2 Cups Cooked and Shredded Chicken*
1 Recipe Avocado Pesto
8 oz Jar Sundried Tomatoes, drained and chopped
4 Green Onions, sliced
3 Stalks Celery, chopped
In a medium bowl, mix together chicken, pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, green onions and celery. Season with additional salt, if needed. Spoon into pita pockets.
* Chicken in the pressure cooker: Preheat waffle bottom fry pan pressure cooker on medium high heat until water dances across bottom of pan. Add1-2 chicken breasts of 5-6 chicken tenders. (boneless/skinless). Chicken will stick at this point to the bottom of the pan. Allow juices to sear inside meat. Chicken will release itself from bottom, turn chicken over, should be golden brown, from its own natural fat. Add 1/2 cup water, put on pressure lid, pressure for 5-7 minutes at second ring for breasts and 3 minutes for chicken tenders. Drop pressure under cool water. Shred.
Whole Wheat Pizza March 09, 2015 15:10
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- 2 1/2 Cups Warm Water
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup White Flour
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil or Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp Saf Instant Yeast
- 2 Tbsp Dough Relaxer
- 2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
Place in greased bowl, cover and let rise slowly until it doubles in size. Form pizza crust on a bakers peel. Top with favorite toppings. Bake at 375 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Dough can be made ahead and kept in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to 2 days or in the freezer up to two months.
Chopped or sliced olives
Crisp bacon bits
Sliced Green Onions
Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts, Lightly Toasted
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil Leaves, packed tight
- 2/3 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 clove Garlic
- 8.5 oz Jar Oil Packed Sun Dried Tomatoes with oil
- 2/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper