Sweet Onion Bacon Rolls March 18, 2014 10:49
Welcome to the foodie blog ramblings of Shar's Kitchen. Every week we'll be sharing new recipe ideas from our Bosch kitchen. This week in our Breadbasket Newsletter we shared this recipe for Sweet-onion Bacon Marmalade that is slathered into the middle of these whole-grain jelly-roll style rolls. It is the perfect salty-sweet savory combination. When coupled with a thick stew or hearty chili your family will be begging for more of these rolls!
In a Bosch Universal Plus Mixer with a dough hook combine:
- 3 cups fresh whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk powder or powdered milk
- 1/2 cup potato flour
- 2 cups high gluten flour or 1/3 cup vital wheat gluten
- 3 Tbsp yeast
- 3 Tbsp dough enhancer (optional)
Mix thoroughly so the buttermilk will not form lumps.
- 4 cups warm water (approx. 115 degrees)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- 3Tbsp Grapeseed oil
- 2 T butter
- 3-4 large yellow onions, diced fine
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 lb bacon, diced and cooked
- Heat the oil and the butter together.
- Add the diced onions and brown sugar.
- Saute, stirring occasionally until the onions are deep golden color.
- Add the bacon and mix well.
This will keep, tightly covered in the fridge for up to 2 days.
There you go! Make some amazing rolls!
Come visit us anytime for our Free Cooking Classes! We're excited to see you!