Easy Overnight Cheesy Spinach Breakfast Bake April 18, 2014 09:35
This last week here in our amazing Free Cooking Classes, we had an Egg-travaganza showing some great dishes to make with eggs! Eggs are a great price right now, especially with all the Easter events.
People ask us all the time what we do with day-old bread or whole wheat bread if it didn't turn out the way we would have liked. This is a great way to use up some extra cubes of whole grain happiness...
- 2 packages fresh spinach (9 oz) chopped
- 6 green onions sliced thin
- 2 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream (or half-n-half)
- 9 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1T salt
- 1T Italian Seasoning blend
- 8 cups whole wheat bread cubes
Place spinach in a colander in the boiling water. Cover and steam for 3-5 minutes until wilted. Drain well.