Lemon Cilantro Hummus February 11, 2015 16:08
Lemon Cilantro Hummus
- 3 Cups Soft Cooked Garbanzo Beans, drained, liquid reserved
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 fresh jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 fresh clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 C tightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp ground Cumin
- 12 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Granulated Garlic
- 1/4 - 2/3 C Garbanzo Bean Liquid
In the multi-chopper, puree the Garbanzo beans, then add the rest of the ingredients, except the liquid.
Blend to a spreadable consistency by slowly adding in the bean liquid. Taste and add more lemon juice if desired.
Transfer hummus to serving bowl and sprinkle with paprika.
Serve with raw vegetables as a dip, on crackers as a spread or as a filling on a pita.